prettify

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bracket Module Beta Testing

Bracket modules are finally in beta. If you're interested in testing them, send me a request along with your Challonge account email address (http://challonge.com/dashboard/contact). Beta testers who send me feedback will earn some extra module use credits when this feature is production ready.

The Challonge favicon was just updated and I also added "apple-touch-icon.png" for iPhone users who bookmark the site.

Up next:
  • T-shirts - struggling with ideas here. If you come up with a great idea and I go with it, I'll definitely send you a free t-shirt
  • FAQ / Help page, brief screencasts?
  • Tournament tagging -- need to think this one over as I want to keep things simple.
  • Single elimination display options for conference tournaments - 2 or 4 brackets converging to the center

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am a Cub Scout leader. Our 7 to 10 year old Cubs hold a model boat race each year called the Raingutter Regatta. I was wondering if you had a PC based version of your software that we could use for this once-per-year event. We use a double elimination bracket. Your Internet based brackets and tournament management programs are the best I have seen. Our only problem is that we have spotty Internet connectivity where we hold the tournament.

    One question I have: is there a way to simply click on the winner to advance him to the next bracket while at the same time moving the loser to his place in the loser bracket? Right now I have to enter a 0 for the loser and a 1 for the winner.


    Thanks,

    William Drummond
    Committee Chairman
    Pack 150
    Alabama-Florida Council
    Boy Scouts of America

    334-347-1662 – Home
    334-300-9434 – Cell

    ReplyDelete
  2. William,

    You'll probably want to edit your comment and remove your contact info so it's not visible to everyone. I don't have your email address, but I'll give you a call to discuss this early next week if you don't notice my reply here.

    For standalone tournament software, I'm only planning on developing applications for phones (Pre, iPhone, etc.).

    How many participants are you anticipating for these tournaments? One option would be to print a large blank bracket and fill it in by hand. I could provide you with a high resolution graphic that you could get printed on a poster.

    As for the click to advance suggestion, I think that's a great idea. I'll add this option within the next couple weeks.

    Thanks,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete